Glide Underground

Man saved by Vodka Drip

Articles / Personal Stuff/Random News
Date: Oct 10, 2007 - 09:24 AM
Not an excuse to go out binge drinking, but... Vodka was used as a medicinal treatment for a poisoned man in a bizarre case.

The 24-year-old Italian, who was not further identified, was diagnosed as having ingested a large quantity of ethylene glycol, a common ingredient in antifreeze that can cause renal failure.
Dr. Pascal Gelperowicz at Mackay Base Hospital where the man was taken for treatment said he was given pharmaceutical-grade alcohol on arrival, but that the hospital's supplies soon ran out.
The alternative? A controlled drip of vodka. And it worked.

This article is from Glide Underground

The URL for this story is: